The Town of The Blue Mountains has officially donated $25,000 to five local business associations.
On June 20, council held a special ceremony to formally announce the 2023 local business association funding program grants. Receiving $5,000 from the program in 2023 are the Thornbury Business Improvement Association, Blue Mountain Village Association, Blue Mountains Chamber of Commerce, South Georgian Bay Tourism and the Clarksburg Village Association.
The funding is used to support various initiatives undertaken by the groups in 2023.
- Thornbury Business Improvement Area: funding will be used to increase the activation of the Bruce Street Parkette through a new “Arts in the Parkette” initiative to support local events in the community. For 2023 the Thornbury BIA is planning Canada Day, Harvest Festival weekend, and Olde Fashioned Christmas events, all of which will be greatly enhanced by arts entertainment including local musicians, performers and artists.
- Blue Mountain Village Association: funding will be used to promote the Apple Pie Trail through a variety of initiatives including brochure distribution, digital advertising and international familiarization trips. The Apple Pie Trail is an award-winning program that aims to support agriculture and agri-tourism, businesses on the trail, area lodging and regional tourism.
- Blue Mountains Chamber of Commerce: funding will be used to host professional development events for The Blue Mountains business community. The events will focus on networking and continuous learning opportunities with guest speakers from various fields providing information and advice that is relevant to local small business owners and not-for-profit leaders.
- South Georgian Bay Tourism: funding will be used to support tourism product marketing for tourism operators in The Blue Mountains through the creation of specific theme or activity-based itineraries, and curating content that will promote and leverage key regional assets and opportunities.
- Clarksburg Village Association: funding will be used to support the purchase of seasonal decor and to support enhanced marketing for community events and members. The funding will also be used to purchase sidewalk a-frame signs to promote community events and to hire entertainment to enhance Artsburg Day, Night Market and the Merry Market.